Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cupcake Craze

Lately I have been feeling very inventive and cupcakes for some reason are my expierement! These ones are what I'm calling Maple Brown Sugar Cupcakes:)
Maple Brown Sugar Cupcakes
Here's the recipe...Crust: 1c. oatmeal, 1/4c. butter, 1/4c. brown sugar, 1/2c. flour, dash of each: salt and baking soda, 2T. chopped pecans.
Mix together and press 1T. of crust into bottom of greased cupcake tin.
Cupcake mix: White cake mix,1/2t. vanilla, 1t. maple extract, 1/2c. cinnamon chips
Mix according to box directions, using butter in place of oil.
Frosting: 1/2c. butter, 1c. dark brown sugar, 1/3c. heavy cream, 1t. vanilla, 1t. maple extract,2 1/2c. powdered sugar.
In saucepan melt butter and mix in the brown sugar and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add the extracts and powdered sugar, using a hand mixer. Place into a large storage bag, snip corner and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
My taste testers!

Shane the picky one gave them 4 thumbs up!

I also tried these with yellow cake mix but everyone agreed that the white was the best:)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

They look yummy and pretty!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

YUMMMMM......all except for the pecans. Those'd kill me!! ;-) I love how the frosting is looped on top of the cupcakes, very pretty. You should do a baking, cooking show. I love your pictures of food.