Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Junie B. Jones

Being in 2nd grade is tough stuff! They require so much more than when I was in school either that or I just don't remember:) Anyway the kids had to pick a book, read it, do a report on it, make a character puppet and do an oral report in front of the class...whew! So the book that Katiera picked was Junie B. is (almost) a Flower Girl. It's a cute book written from kindergartner Junie B.'s perspective. Last night we finished it up by making the puppet, she already had an idea of what she wanted the puppet to look like so it was pretty easy. I helped only a little bit by cutting out the dress and cutting the yarn for her to put where she wanted it to be:)


She was pretty happy with the end result and ready to bring it to school to give her report.
Last night when putting her to bed she asked that we pray about it. Maybe that made her nervous or think about it a little more cuz she "forgot" it on the counter:)
Oh well she can bring it tomorrow.
Good luck sweet girl;)

3 comments:

Out in the Fields said...

Great job and cute puppet! It seems like a great way to present a report, becuz you can hold the puppet up and keep the kids eyes on that:)

Laurie said...

I HAD to click on your blog for the first time when I saw the title of this post! You see, I am a retired teacher, and I loved reading Junie B. to my 2nd graders! We couldn't wait until after lunchtime when we would read a chapter, or 2, or 3, and laugh at her antics. Anyway, your daughter's Junie B. is adorable, and I hope she does take it to school. I know I would have loved it if I were her teacher. Your blog is lovely and i hope to visit again soon.
Laurie

Michelle said...

Wow! That is soo cute! Good job TZ!!